Home of the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters' Trust

Memorandum of Understanding Meeting November 18 2022

Present: David Burgess ( ASFC Managing Director

Peter Leatham & Peter Warburton ( OASST Chair & Secretary )

A new format for the End of Season Presentation was discussed and it was agreed to change the format, with the club to take the lead on organisation, to a Sunday afternoon event with a meal and a background singer. Further details to be worked and funds still to the Supporters Trust. Provisional date is Sunday 30th April 2023. Possibly to get players and staff to host a table each ideally with their player sponsors.

The PR release for the new Hydrotheraphy Pool supplied via the Trust will be arranged for the next few days with DB to organise.

The plans for the “Interactive” stadium are complete and the plaques are now in production and PL to arrange installation with Jon Hosty.

The Trust have completed all the required DBS checks with the last two ongoing currently.

The Fan Boards are still to be installed by the football club, DB to arrange and Trust can assist with hands if required.

Annual Golf Day – Date is now confirmed for Tuesday 4th July at Accrington Golf Club with the same shotgun format as previous.

Foodbank collection, in aid of Maundy Relief, is arranged for the Barnet game on 26th November. Trust to assist SDA/Maundy on the day with further collection points in the Market Hall shop and at the Community Sports Hub.

Arrangements for the Hergametoo match against Bristol Rovers on 14th January were discussed with OASST to arrange warm up tee shirts for the players and also the attendance of the ASFC Women’s teams. There will be an opportunity for a photo with the captains etc at the toss up and the HGT flag and for the Women’s club to lap the pitch at HT with accompanying PA commentary.

There was just one fan query asking if there are any plans to make an enclosed concourse at the Clayton End. DB advised there are no plans and it would restrict the numbers allowed on the Fanzone area.

The outline plans for an Open Day were discussed and it was agreed that a full session could be planned for pre season which can fully involve the playing staff. It was also agreed that the club would have an open evening to show fans the new changing room block as well as all areas of the new bars and lounges. DB to arrange probably early in the New Year.

The Trust asked if it was possible to stock a few non conflicting OASST merchandise in the club shop, flags and Xmas draw tickets as examples. DB to advise PW.

Update was requested on the memorabilia wall in Coleys, sephia wallcovering of images. PJL to chase Murray Dawson and advise meeting.

The group then met with two screen companies to discuss options utilising our current infrastructure. Details and options / quotes will be supplied back to the group.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.