Home of the Official Accrington Stanley Supporters' Trust

OASST Executive Meeting Minutes

Official Accrington Stanley Supporters Trust

Exec Board Meeting 23/08/2022

Attendees- Peter Leatham, Peter Warburton (Part), Joshua Adcroft,  Ken Jefferson, Robert Houseman (Guest)

Matters Arising from Last Meeting

Flags have arrived and the “Grab a flag” scheme will launch this weekend for the game v Exeter City.PL & JG to film a short video to assist the launch.

Leaflet distribution completed JA Invoiced and awaiting payment

Jack Barrett Walk Dates 22nd October 2022  2 Walks Burnley and Bolton, Volunteers for refreshment duties required.

Club 1968 –       Need to increase visibility                      

Draw Location to be determined

Winners to be publicized Cheque photographs etc. 

Lindon Boast asked to be a match day representative to publicise / obtain new members – Unable to implement prior to new bank account being set up 

New leaflets to be obtained when new bank account in place to make sign up instant

Golf Day

Outstanding debts Red Rose Travel and Sean McConville

OASST Merchandise

Ultra-Scarfs to be sourced – waiting for Jason’s design 

Can supporters trust merchandise be sold from football club shop? Raised at MoU, range review underway, awaiting David Burgess

Memorabilia Wall in Coleys -Possible wallpaper options shown by PL and now to be discussed with DB/AH

DBS checks need to be actioned for Ken Jefferson,  John Freeman, Joanne Butterworth and Adam Scarborough PW to action in start of next season 

Future Fans Forum 20th October now arranged with AH/DB in Coley’s

Finance

Need a Finance Breakdown each meeting preferably a full P&L report 

Travel

Issues with RR discussed and agreed PL/KJ/AS to meet with the owner to try and get back on a form footing. Options to switch may well be more costly, less flexible and also not local.

Journeys to date have been satisfactory with new members signing up to travel as per our revised rules.

Membership

Club 1968 members that are not members of supporter’s trust have been made associate members of OASST with £1 shareholding coming out of their July payment.

Currently 400 members have renewed for 2022/23 season and we have received new supporters group enquiries from both Aberdeen and Essex. These have been responded to and 6 new members already joined from Aberdeen.

Any Other Business

PL welcomed Robert Houseman to the board as a new co-opted member.

MoU update from meeting on 12th August. See MoU issued meeting notes

Financial support requested for new staging to be used in both 1968 Lounge and Coley’s to negate the need top hire at £800 per event. This can be multi-purpose and £9400 plus Vat. We indicated support with total to be advised once other requests have responded.

Grab a Flag scheme was briefed to the club and signed off once MT has seen the sticks.

RH highlighted the option to include ST membership information when fulfilling postal ticket sales with a small leaflet required.

OutStanleyOut – Our EFL rainbow laces match is v Bolton and would be a good opportunity to feature and launch with new OSO badge etc. RH to contact Tom Brodick to discuss.

DBS Check on Mr Bubbles ( Xmas party Children’s entertainer) – KJ to check with him.

#Hergametoo – it was agreed that we should have a responsible board member and Jodie Boast has accepted the role.

The EFL have a new EDI director and clubs will be judged against Gold, Silver & bronze standards ongoing. We discussed the option of having a generic ASFC presentation that could be delivered to local primary schools and followed by a ground tour which will help interact with our local BAME communities.

As a part of this PL offered the opportunity for the stadium to become more interactive with QR codes in various parts of the ground which link to relevant video footage hosted on our onstanleyon website. This is virtually nil cost and trials and videos are already in place.

RH mentioned that the club are introducing formal public ground tours at a minimal cost with further details to follow.

PW attended a meet in the Market Hall with the local Councillor who has responsibility for the Market and she presented a plan for redevelopment of the Market.

This is reliant on government levelling up funding and, if successful, will see traders relocated out of the market in October 2023 and housed in temporary pop up outdoor stalls or local vacant shops. A number of concerns and issues where unable to be answered by the Councillor.

Next Meeting Full Board 28th September @ 7:30pm

Next Meeting Exec Board 27th October @7:30

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: